Was hidden treasure found with help from a hack? What security lessons can be learnt from a controversial police raid in Florida? And are you ready for safer online get-togethers this Christmas?
And don't miss our special featured interview with Mimecast's Max Linscott.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/208 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Anna Brading and Max Linscott.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- CultureAI: CultureAI isn’t just another security awareness training provider. It helps you measure and improve every end-user’s cyber security behaviour, providing a management system for IT, Security and Awareness teams.
Learn more and try it for yourself at culture.ai/smashing
- Mimecast: Mimecast’s State of Email Security 2020 report helps you understand the most pervasive threats and how they attack organizations at their email perimeters, from inside the organization (through compromised accounts, vulnerable insiders, social engineering), or beyond the organization’s perimeters (the domains they own and their brands via impersonation).
Grab your copy at smashingsecurity.com/mimecasthub
- Smashing Security’s Christmas 2020 live stream — Join us on YouTube on Thursday 17 December 2020 at 8pm (UK) / 3pm (Eastern) / Noon (Pacific).
- Forrest Fenn’s Treasure.
- The Man Who Found Forrest Fenn’s Treasure — Outside Online.
- A Statement on the Disclosure of My Identity — Jack Steuf.
- A Chicago treasure hunter was on the trail of a hidden chest worth more than $1 million — but she says she was hacked and her ‘solve stolen’ — Chicago Tribune.
- Cops raid home of ousted data scientist who created her own Florida COVID-19 dashboard — The Register.
- Video of police raid on home of Rebekah Jones — Rebekah Jones’s Twitter account.
- Former Israeli space security chief says aliens exist, humanity not ready — The Jerusalem Post.
- Christmas pizza from Pizza Hut — Rotisserie Chicken paired with Crispy Bacon and Sage & Onion stuffing, all on top of a Red Wine Gravy base. (Contains Alcohol)
- Tiger Pig (Pig in Blanket) — Subway.
- Christmas menu at Pret A Manger.
- Festive food from Marks & Spencer.
- Brian & Roger.
- Carole, Graham, and Anna’s Christmas party 2009 (with Yogi) — Tweet by Anna Brading.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)