Should insurance companies be banned from helping companies pay ransomware demands? How has malware messed with motorcars in the United States? And how are cybercriminals exploiting alcohol drinking during the pandemic?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/223 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Lessons of the SolarWinds hack — Article by Marcus Willett, IISS.
- Insurers defend covering ransomware payments — BBC News.
- Cyber insurance giant CNA hit by ransomware attack — Graham Cluley.
- FatFace pays out $2 million to Conti ransomware gang — Graham Cluley.
- How do we stamp out the ransomware business model? Ban insurance payouts for one, says ex-GCHQ director — The Register.
- Cyber Attack Forces Vehicle Emissions Testing Company to Halt Operations in 8 States — The Drive.
- Malware attack is preventing car inspections in eight US states — Bleeping Computer.
- Service Restoration Status Update — Applus Tech.
- Changes in Adult Alcohol Use and Consequences During the COVID-19 Pandemic in the US — JAMA Network.
- Rebalancing the ‘COVID-19 effect’ on alcohol sales — NielsenIQ.
- Alcohol does not protect against COVID-19; access should be restricted during lockdown — WHO.
- Lockdown Saw Rise in Wine Domains and Wine Scammers — Recorded Future.
- The Raven Remastered — THQ Nordic.
- The Raven Remastered trailer — YouTube.
- Westworld — HBO.
- Thermapen Fast, Accurate Instant-read Thermometers — Thermoworks.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)