Facebook has managed to do the seemingly impossible - and had a data breach about its handling of a data breach. Meanwhile, we chat to the host of the brand new podcast about North Korea's hackers targeting the rest of the world, and discuss if an intern can be trusted to monitor your security.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Geoff White of "The Lazarus Heist" podcast.
Plus! Don't miss our featured interview with Duo's Helen Patton.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/224 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Facebook isn’t sorry for letting someone steal personal details of half a billion users — Graham Cluley.
- Stolen Data of 533 Million Facebook Users Leaked Online — Business Insider.
- Interne mail toont hoe Facebook veiligheidsproblemen wil 'normaliseren' — Data News.
- Facebook suffers a data breach about how it’s hoping to stop the media talking about its last data breach — Graham Cluley.
- The Lazarus Heist podcast — BBC World Service.
- Local Government Organizations Most Frequently Targeted by Ransomware — Infosecurity Magazine.
- Update On Ransomware Attack Against Town Of Didsbury — CKFM.
- Entry-Level Information Security Positions — Dummies.
- How to get an Entry-Level Cyber Security Job in 2021 — Comparitech.
- Getting into cyber security — Cisco.
- Cybersecurity training — NIST.
- Best online cybersecurity courses of 2021: free and paid certification programs, degrees and masters — TechRadar.
- PISCES: Public Infrastructure Security Cyber Education System.
- Paperball Deluxe — Nintendo store.
- Paperball — Steam.
- Paperball Deluxe – Indie Super Monkey Ball!? — YouTube.
- Jeff Mills - "Exhibitionist Mix" ( Full version) — YouTube.
- Invincible — Amazon Prime.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)