How did the SCAM cryptocurrency become a success? Why is Google allowing government rip-off ads to still appear on search results? And why on earth is everyone suddenly spending millions of dollars on NFTs?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by David McClelland.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/226 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Andre Lewis (@dreesuschrist) — TikTok.
- This TikToker’s ‘SCAM’ Cryptocurrency Took Off and He Can’t Believe It — Motherboard.
- Simple. Cool. Automatic. Money — Scamily.io.
- Why can't Google get a grip on rip-off ads? — BBC News.
- New Government Services Policy — Google Advertising Policies.
- Fungible definition and meaning — Collins English Dictionary.
- NFTs, explained: what they are, and why they’re suddenly worth millions — The Verge.
- Why Did Someone Pay $560,000 for a Picture of My Column? — The New York Times.
- Jack Dorsey is trying to sell his first tweet as an NFT — The Verge.
- CryptoPunks — Larva Labs.
- Johnny Depp selling Winona Ryder poem as part of NFT collection — Female First.
- NFTs are suddenly everywhere, but they have some big problems — CNN.
- Chrome can now caption audio and video — Google.
- Gosforth Handyman.
- Gosforth Handyman — YouTube.
- Grow Bag Pros And Cons – Advantages And Disadvantages Of Grow Bags — Gardening KnowHow.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)