Facebook says it's sticking up for the little guys as it picks a fight with Apple, there are testing times on the trains, and Twitter takes a tip.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/227 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Train firm’s ‘worker bonus’ email is actually cybersecurity test — The Guardian.
- Anger Over Shocking Covid Bonus Stunt At West Midlands Trains — TSSA.
- Researcher calls out privacy flaw in Twitter’s new ‘Tip Jar’ donation feature — The Daily Swig.
- Twitter's Tip Jar Privacy Fiasco Was Entirely Avoidable — Wired.
- We Checked 250 iPhone Apps—This Is How They’re Tracking You — Wirecutter.
- 96% of US users opt out of app tracking in iOS 14.5, analytics find — Ars Technica.
- App Privacy Details on the App Store — Apple.
- What is App Tracking Transparency and how do you block app tracking? — MacWorld.
- Daily iOS 14.5 Opt-in Rate — Flurry.
- If an app asks to track your activity — Apple Support.
- Another Kind of Mind – A Different Kind of Beatles Podcast.
- One Sweet Dream podcast.
- The Pret Index: Pret Sandwich Sales Show Where U.K. Workers Are Returning to the Office — Bloomberg.
- Unframed : Intimacies, Félix Vallotton — YouTube.
- Unframed, a virtual reality series about Swiss painters.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)