Facebook says it’s sticking up for the little guys as it picks a fight with Apple, there are testing times on the trains, and Twitter takes a tip.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/227 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Ray [REDACTED].
- 1Password: Introduce your family to better online security and safer browsing habits with 1Password.
- Share more than passwords — save logins, documents, credit cards, and more, accessible on all your devices.
- Sharing is made simple. Keep personal logins private, and easily share access to what they need.
- Recover 1Password access for family members so they never get locked out.
- Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- OneLogin: According to the OneLogin IAMokay Mental Health Survey, more than 77% of technology leaders have said that their work-related stress increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As a result, CISOs and IT executives have been under ever-increasing pressure – leading to deteriorating mental health, addiction issues, and even suicidal thoughts and tendencies.
- OneLogin’s message? You’re not alone. Attend their live event on Weds May 26, “Keeping the Mind Clear and the Company Secure” at smashingsecurity.com/oneloginiamokay
- Skiff: We store more personal information on our devices than we do in our homes. Where do you go online when you want to write or share something privately?
- Skiff is the first collaboration platform built for privacy from the ground up. Every document, note, and idea you write is end-to-end encrypted and completely private. Only you and your trusted collaborators – no one else, not even Skiff – can see what you’ve created.
- Skiff is offering listeners of Smashing Security early access. Sign up now: skiff.org/smashing
- Train firm’s ‘worker bonus’ email is actually cybersecurity test — The Guardian.
- Anger Over Shocking Covid Bonus StuntAtWest Midlands Trains — TSSA.
- Researcher calls out privacy flaw in Twitter’s new ‘Tip Jar’ donation feature — The Daily Swig.
- Twitter’s Tip Jar Privacy Fiasco Was Entirely Avoidable — Wired.
- We Checked 250 iPhone Apps—This Is How They’re Tracking You — Wirecutter.
- 96% of US users opt out of app tracking in iOS 14.5, analytics find — Ars Technica.
- App Privacy Details on the App Store — Apple.
- What is App Tracking Transparency and how do you block app tracking? — MacWorld.
- Daily iOS 14.5 Opt-in Rate — Flurry.
- If an app asks to track your activity — Apple Support.
- Another Kind of Mind – A Different Kind of Beatles Podcast.
- One Sweet Dream podcast.
- The Pret Index: Pret Sandwich Sales Show Where U.K. Workers Are Returning to theOffice — Bloomberg.
- Unframed : Intimacies, Félix Vallotton — YouTube.
- Unframed, a virtual reality series about Swiss painters.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)