Facebook says it’s sticking up for the little guys as it picks a fight with Apple, there are testing times on the trains, and Twitter takes a tip.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Ray [REDACTED].
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/227 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Ray [REDACTED].
- 1Password: Introduce your family to better online security and safer browsing habits with 1Password.
- Share more than passwords — save logins, documents, credit cards, and more, accessible on all your devices.
- Sharing is made simple. Keep personal logins private, and easily share access to what they need.
- Recover 1Password access for family members so they never get locked out.
- Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- OneLogin: According to the OneLogin IAMokay Mental Health Survey, more than 77% of technology leaders have said that their work-related stress increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As a result, CISOs and IT executives have been under ever-increasing pressure – leading to deteriorating mental health, addiction issues, and even suicidal thoughts and tendencies.
- OneLogin’s message? You’re not alone. Attend their live event on Weds May 26, “Keeping the Mind Clear and the Company Secure” at smashingsecurity.com/oneloginiamokay
- Skiff: We store more personal information on our devices than we do in our homes. Where do you go online when you want to write or share something privately?
- Skiff is the first collaboration platform built for privacy from the ground up. Every document, note, and idea you write is end-to-end encrypted and completely private. Only you and your trusted collaborators – no one else, not even Skiff – can see what you’ve created.
- Skiff is offering listeners of Smashing Security early access. Sign up now: skiff.org/smashing
- Train firm’s ‘worker bonus’ email is actually cybersecurity test — The Guardian.
- Anger Over Shocking Covid Bonus StuntAtWest Midlands Trains — TSSA.
- Researcher calls out privacy flaw in Twitter’s new ‘Tip Jar’ donation feature — The Daily Swig.
- Twitter’s Tip Jar Privacy Fiasco Was Entirely Avoidable — Wired.
- We Checked 250 iPhone Apps—This Is How They’re Tracking You — Wirecutter.
- 96% of US users opt out of app tracking in iOS 14.5, analytics find — Ars Technica.
- App Privacy Details on the App Store — Apple.
- What is App Tracking Transparency and how do you block app tracking? — MacWorld.
- Daily iOS 14.5 Opt-in Rate — Flurry.
- If an app asks to track your activity — Apple Support.
- Another Kind of Mind – A Different Kind of Beatles Podcast.
- One Sweet Dream podcast.
- The Pret Index: Pret Sandwich Sales Show Where U.K. Workers Are Returning to theOffice — Bloomberg.
- Unframed : Intimacies, Félix Vallotton — YouTube.
- Unframed, a virtual reality series about Swiss painters.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)