Microsoft warns about a hacking gang that is far from cuddly, algorithms rather than managers are firing people, and our guest receives a surprising email from "Amazon"...
And you will NOT want to miss checking out a very special "Pick of the week"!
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/234 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Cozy Bear — Wikipedia.
- Bears in the Midst: Intrusion Into the Democratic National Committee — Crowdstrike.
- Coronavirus: Russian cyber spies attempting to steal vaccine research from Britain, US and Canada — Sky News.
- New Nobelium activity — Microsoft Security Response Center.
- Smashing Security episode 214: "Lockdown love scams, SolarWinds, and a data deletion bungle."
- Screenshot of email David received from "Amazon"
- This $1.3 Million Vibrator Is One Of The World's Most Expensive Sex Toys — Forbes.
- Amazon Flex.
- AI at work: Staff 'hired and fired by algorithm' — BBC News.
- Fired by Bot: Amazon Turns to Machine Managers And Workers Are Losing Out — Bloomberg.
- Horror stories from Amazon Flex workers — Reddit.
- Art'n'Doodles from Carole Theriault — Carole.wtf
- ⎌ Nurture ⎌ — Porter Robinson.
- How John Berger changed our way of seeing art — The Conversation.
- Ways of Seeing Episode 1, with John Berger — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)