A bug unravels 3D printer security, cryptocurrency sites can't stop getting hacked, and hear our special guest spill a cup of tea while inhabiting his wife's knicker drawer.
All this and much much more can be found in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by BBC cybersecurity correspondent Joe Tidy.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/240 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- We Broke Into A Bunch Of Android Phones With A 3D-Printed Head — Forbes.
- Wake up this morning and see this on my 3D printer (I use octoprint and now I’m scared) — Reddit.
- What’s *THAT* on my 3D printer? Cloud bug lets anyone print to everyone — Naked Security.
- A detailed analysis of the security incident last night — The Spaghetti Detective.
- The PewDiePie Hackers: Could hacking printers ruin your life? — BBC News.
- The $600 million Poly Network hacker's Q&A — Twitter.
- Crypto hacker offered reward after $600m heist — BBC News.
- Hackers steal nearly $100m in Japan crypto heist — BBC News.
- Altsbit Crypto Exchange Gets Hacked, 'Almost All Funds' Are Gone — Bitcoinist.
- Bitpoint Exchange Hacked for $32 Million in Cryptocurrency — CoinDesk.
- Coincheck: World's biggest ever digital currency 'theft' — BBC News.
- The Inside Story of Mt. Gox, Bitcoin's $460 Million Disaster — Wired.
- Buying a pink NFT cat was a crypto nightmare — BBC News.
- Hearings Continue In Case Of Wealthy Robotics Founder Sued By His Wife For ‘Indefensible’ Sale Price Of His Startup — Forbes.
- Google ‘founder’ created revenge site against estranged wife — New York Post.
- Billionaire investor who helped launch Google is accused of 'divorce terrorism' in bitter break-up — Daily Mail.
- Cracker (British TV series) — Wikipedia.
- Cracker — BritBox.
- K&F Concept 4K WiFi 30MP Trail Camera Game Camera with 940nm Infrared Outdoor IP66 Waterproof Hunting Infrared Night Vision Camera — K&F Concept.
- Keeping the Wolf Out — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)