A bug unravels 3D printer security, cryptocurrency sites can’t stop getting hacked, and hear our special guest spill a cup of tea while inhabiting his wife’s knicker drawer.
All this and much much more can be found in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by BBC cybersecurity correspondent Joe Tidy.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/240 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Joe Tidy.
- 1Password: Cybercrime is at an all-time high, and it’s not slowing down, so why should you? This August, you’re invited to Security Summer School, a brand new webinar series hosted by the 1Password team.
- Learn from security experts at top organizations, hear about sizzling security trends, and get quick tips for building a culture of security at home and work.
- Get exclusive perks like 1Password swag for attending events, enjoy the chance to network with top security leaders, and much much more. Find out more and enroll now.
- Attivo Networks: It’s time to get serious about preventing and detecting credential abuse, privilege escalation, and entitlement exposures.
- Attivo Networks gives you visibility on identity exposures, vulnerabilities, and attack paths from endpoints to Active Directory to the cloud – all while creating an active defense, delaying and derailing attacks, empowering the defender and eliminating an attacker’s advantage.
- Learn more and kick credential attacks to the curb, by visiting attivonetworks.com
- We Broke Into A Bunch Of Android Phones With A 3D-Printed Head — Forbes.
- Wake up this morning and see this on my 3D printer (I use octoprint and now I’m scared) — Reddit.
- What’s *THAT* on my 3D printer? Cloud bug lets anyone print to everyone — Naked Security.
- A detailed analysis of the security incident last night — The Spaghetti Detective.
- The PewDiePie Hackers: Could hacking printers ruin your life? — BBC News.
- The $600 million Poly Network hacker’s Q&A — Twitter.
- Crypto hacker offered reward after $600m heist — BBC News.
- Hackers steal nearly $100m in Japan crypto heist — BBC News.
- Altsbit Crypto Exchange Gets Hacked, ‘Almost All Funds’ Are Gone — Bitcoinist.
- Bitpoint Exchange Hacked for $32 Million in Cryptocurrency — CoinDesk.
- Coincheck: World’s biggest ever digital currency ‘theft’ — BBC News.
- The Inside Story of Mt. Gox, Bitcoin’s $460 Million Disaster — Wired.
- Buying a pink NFT cat was a crypto nightmare — BBC News.
- Hearings Continue In Case Of Wealthy Robotics Founder Sued By His Wife For ‘Indefensible’ Sale Price Of His Startup — Forbes.
- Google ‘founder’ created revenge site against estranged wife — New York Post.
- Billionaire investor who helped launch Google is accused of ‘divorce terrorism’ in bitter break-up — Daily Mail.
- Cracker (British TV series) — Wikipedia.
- Cracker — BritBox.
- K&F Concept 4K WiFi 30MP Trail Camera Game Camera with 940nm Infrared Outdoor IP66 Waterproof Hunting Infrared Night Vision Camera — K&F Concept.
- Keeping the Wolf Out — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)