Ransomware attackers have got hurt feelings, what does Netflix know about you, and why are schoolkids stealing lavatory seats?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by 1Password's Matt Davey from the "Random but Memorable" podcast.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/249 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Governments turn tables on ransomware gang REvil by pushing it offline — Reuters.
- REvil ransomware - what you need to know about the criminal enterprise — Tripwire.
- REvil ransomware rampages following Kaseya supply-chain attack — Graham Cluley.
- Meat supplier JBS probed after paying $11 million ransom to attackers. US Congress has a beef with those who pay ransoms to cybercriminals — Graham Cluley.
- Hitting the BlackMatter gang where it hurts: In the wallet — Emsisoft.
- Ransomware gang outraged at “bandit-mugging behavior of the United States” after REvil group pushed offline — Graham Cluley.
- All the ways Netflix tracks you and what you watch — Wired.
- The inside story of Bandersnatch, the weirdest Black Mirror episode yet — Wired.
- Netflix’s Secret Special Algorithm Is a Human — The New Yorker.
- Why Netflix Might Run Ads: Analysts See $1 Billion Revenue Upside — Variety.
- Devious Licks Trend — Know Your Meme.
- TikTok's 'devious licks' challenge source of destruction in Summit County schools, businesses — MSN.
- TikTok Bans 'Devious Licks' Trend Which Saw High School Students Arrested — Newsweek.
- TikTok to be in congressional hotseat over school-trashing content — Reuters.
- Kid destroys printer for TikTok in front of his parents — Reddit.
- To combat all the devious licks, we are now met with angelic yields — TikTok.
- Woodmere Avenue Width Restriction Crashes Compilation — YouTube.
- Woodmere Avenue Crashes YouTube channel.
- Moment 11 vehicles including a police van smash into steel post in just four weeks — Daily Mail.
- Jon Richardson & The Futurenauts podcast.
- Dead Air podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)