Booking.com got hacked five years ago, and didn't tell its customers... but now we know who might have been behind it. Bossware rears its ugly head again in the workplace, spying on employees. And did you receive a warning email from the FBI?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Brian Klaas of the "Power Corrupts" podcast.
Plus we have a featured interview with Perimeter 81 co-founder and CEO Amit Bareket.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/252 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- American spy hacked Booking.com, company stayed silent — NRC.
- Booking.com was reportedly hacked by a US intel agency but never told customers — Ars Technica.
- Dutch newspaper links Booking.com break-in to US spy groups — The Register.
- Belgium’s largest telecoms company says it was hacked — Graham Cluley.
- GCHQ “infected Belgium’s largest telecom company with spyware” — Graham Cluley.
- Is your company secretly monitoring your work at home? — Los Angeles Times.
- School janitor says she was fired for not installing smartphone tracking app — Graham Cluley.
- Hawaii’s ballistic missile false alarm and a user interface failure — Graham Cluley.
- FBI system hacked to email 'urgent' warning about fake cyberattacks — Bleeping Computer.
- Hoax Email Blast Abused Poor Coding in FBI Website — Krebs on Security.
- Vinny Troia's website.
- FBI Statement on Incident Involving Fake Emails — FBI.
- What is Trailmakers? — YouTube.
- Trailmakers - Build vehicles and explore the world.
- "Apologies to My Censor" by Mitch Moxley.
- "I Hate Suzie" trailer.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff