Who has been playing video games rather than hunting down criminals? How is a man alleged to have stolen manuscripts of unpublished books from celebrity authors? Which pot contains an elephant? And why has Graham been listening to podcasts about pest control marketing?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/257 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Uptycs: Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface.
Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform.
Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
- 1Password: 1Password has put its 15 years of security experience into creating 1Password University, a fun, dynamic, and free learning resource for people of all skill levels.
Broaden your knowledge, starting with the basic building blocks of security. Learn at your own pace and learn how to create form an entire ecosystem of tools and tactics that help keep you safe on the internet.
Whether you’re a business leader looking to create a culture of security in the workplace, or you’re just trying to understand why you need a unique password for each account, 1Password University’s growing catalogue of courses has something for you.
Visit 1Password University for free online security resources, made for everyone.
- Pokémon Go: Police fired for chasing Snorlax instead of robbers — BBC News.
- Pokémon Go-Playing LAPD Officers Fired For Ignoring Robbery — Kotaku.
- Court of appeal documents (PDF).
- The Mysterious Figure Stealing Books Before Their Release — Vulture.
- FBI Arrests Man Accused of Stealing Unpublished Book Manuscripts — The New York Times.
- ViacomCBS security group ‘crucial’ for FBI manuscript theft investigation, says Karp — The Bookseller.
- The Spine Collector: Man arrested for using fake email addresses to steal hundreds of unpublished manuscripts — Hot for Security.
- Pest Control Marketing Live! — YouTube.
- Pest Control Marketing Podcast.
- Pest Control Marketing Jingles.
- Think with Pinker — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff