Carole's still on jury service, but the show must go on! We take a look at how some Tesla owners are at risk of having their expensive cars remotely hijacked, and why YouTubers are up in arms over NFTs.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/258 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Uptycs: Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface.
Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform.
Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
- 1Password: 1Password has put its 15 years of security experience into creating 1Password University, a fun, dynamic, and free learning resource for people of all skill levels.
Broaden your knowledge, starting with the basic building blocks of security. Learn at your own pace and learn how to create form an entire ecosystem of tools and tactics that help keep you safe on the internet.
Whether you’re a business leader looking to create a culture of security in the workplace, or you’re just trying to understand why you need a unique password for each account, 1Password University’s growing catalogue of courses has something for you.
Visit 1Password University for free online security resources, made for everyone.
- Monty Hall problem — Wikipedia.
- Monty Hall problem explanation video — Numberphile on YouTube.
- David Colombo’s Twitter account.
- How a Hacker Controlled Dozens of Teslas Using a Flaw in Third-Party App — Vice.
- Graham or Carole? NFT, posted by Mark Stockley — OpenSea.
- The Fart Jars NFT story doesn’t pass the smell test — Input Magazine.
- WOW! Disgusting Youtuber Exploitation Scandal, MrBeast Beat a Child, MLK Controversy, & Today’s News — Philip DeFranco’s YouTube account.
- Gaming YouTubers have had their likenesses stolen and sold as NFTs — EuroGamer.
- Prominent Gaming YouTubers’ Likenesses Sold As NFTs Without Consent — Nintendo Life.
- Cleanup.pictures — Remove objects, people, text and defects from any picture for free.
- Quick, Draw!
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff