Members of The Bored Ape Yacht Club get that sinking feeling, a face unwittingly launches hundreds of romance scams, and is an as-yet unseen Kim Kardashian sex tape a load of old Roblox?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by the BBC's cyber correspondent Joe Tidy.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/272 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Jimmy Fallon and Paris Hilton show off their Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs. — Twitter.
- NFTs Stolen After Bored Ape Yacht Club Instagram, Discord Hacked — CoinDesk.
- Image of scam posted on Bored Ape Yacht Club's Instagram account — Twitter.
- Bored Ape Yacht Club confirms it had two-factor authentication enabled — Twitter.
- Kardashians deny faking Roblox sex tape scene — BBC News.
- How an Army colonel became the face of romance scams around the world — Task and Purpose.
- Army Col. Daniel Blackmon: The accidental face of military romance scams — Task and Purpose.
- Daily Dorries — Twitter (parental discretion advised)
- Hacking the House: do MPs care about cyber-security? — BBC News.
- Rob Brydon's Directors Commentary — YouTube.
- "This Is How Michael Caine Speaks" from The Trip — YouTube.
- American Vigilante — Crowd Network.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)