Internet-connected jacuzzis find themselves in hot water, and a Google engineer claims that their AI has developed feelings.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/280 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Hot Tub Time Machine trailer — YouTube.
- Hacking into the worldwide Jacuzzi SmartTub network — Eaton Works.
- SmartTub — Apple iOS App Store.
- SmartTub — Google Play store.
- Hot tub hack reveals washed-up security protection — BBC News.
- Google engineer Blake Lemoine thinks its LaMDA AI has come to life — The Washington Post.
- Google engineer put on leave after saying AI chatbot has become sentient — The Guardian.
- AI's most convincing conversations are not what they seem — The Register.
- Blake Lemoine's blog.
- Van Gogh Bristol Exhibition: The Immersive Experience.
- Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience — YouTube.
- The Inquiry — BBC World Service.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)