China is forcing people to install smartphone spyware, young cyberoffenders are offered rehab, and robot vacuum cleaners want to sell maps of the inside of your house to tech firms.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Dan Ring.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Xinjiang Users Arrested over State Spyware Usage — Infosecurity Magazine
- China crams spyware on phones in Muslim-majority province — The Register.
- Rehab camp aims to put young cyber-crooks on right track — BBC News.
- Roomba vacuum maker iRobot betting big on the 'smart' home — Reuters.
- iRobot Wants to Sell Mapping Data Collected by Roomba Vacuums to a Tech Company Like Apple — Mac Rumors.
- Griffin BreakSafe Magnetic USB C Charging Cable — To make your upgraded MacBook Pro a little less of a downgrade.
- USB-C MagSafe - Will it work!?!? — iJustine's video on YouTube.
- Chipotle Blames Norovirus Outbreak on a Sick Employee — Pick of the week?
- Jim'll Paint It — See what Microsoft Paint can do in the hands of a genius.
- MS Paint is here to stay — Microsoft.