It's easy to phone up a celebrity on Instagram following security breach, facial recognition at Notting Hill Carnival can't tell the girls from the boys, and companies are spying on their workers' activities.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest David Bisson.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- "Who Is Marcus Hutchins?" — Krebs on Security
- Ahem, Kim Kardashian Is Naked Up A Tree - Huffington Post
- Hackers Claim Apparent Instagram Fightback Will Not Stop Them From Selling Stolen ‘Doxagram’ Data - The Daily Beast
- A Note on Security from Instagram’s CTO - Instagram Blog
- London police’s use of facial recognition falls flat on its face – Naked Security
- Misidentification and improvised rules - we lift the lid on the Met's Notting Hill facial recognition operation - Liberty
- Statement from police commander for Notting Hill Carnival 2016 - Metropolitan Police
- UK govt steams ahead with £5m facial recog system amid furore over innocents' mugshots - The Register
- ECHR court reverses ruling on sacking over private messages - BBC News
- Monitoring at work - UK Citizens Advice
- Through the Keyhole: Privacy in the Workplace, an Endangered Right - American Civil Liberties Union
- Employers, Schools, and Social Networking Privacy - American Civil Liberties Union
- The Big Sick (2017) - IMDb
- Group Therapy Radio | Streaming live every Friday - YouTube
- Above & Beyond - SoundCloud
- Above & Beyond present Group Therapy 250
- How To Fix a Toilet And Other Things We Can't Do Without Search
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)