America turns the heat up on Kaspersky anti-virus, Disqus announces a data breach, Elon Musk plans a bolthole on Mars to escape our robot overlords, and Graham gets to play chess with Garry Kasparov.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist and broadcaster David McClelland.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Altered Images - Happy Birthday
- Graham met Garry Kasparov
- Graham about to lose a game of chess to Garry Kasparov
- Sign in Office Depot store (via @gadievron on Twitter)
- Kaspersky accused of close ties to sauna-loving Russian spies
- Russian Hackers Stole NSA Data on U.S. Cyber Defense - WSJ
- What is Kaspersky's role in NSA data theft? Here are three likely outcomes - ZDNet
- Eugene Kaspersky says U.S. government can examine his company's source code
- McAfee joins the anti-Kaspersky witch hunt in shitty attempt to sell a few boxes
- Disqus security alert: User info breach
- Disqus reveals data breach, but wins points for transparency – HOTforSecurity
- It's 4PM on Friday, almost time to log off and, oh look, Disqus says it's been hacked - The Register
- A World Leader in AI Just Established an Ethics Committee for Artificial Intelligence
- The Artificial Intelligence Revolution: Part 1 - Wait But Why
- Open Letter on Autonomous Weapons - Future of Life Institute
- Sam Harris: Can we build AI without losing control over it? - TED Talk
- Elon Musk’s Billion-Dollar Crusade to Stop the A.I. Apocalypse - Vanity Fair
- Artificial Intelligence Is Our Future. But Will It Save Or Destroy Humanity?
- Artificial Intelligence - Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Google's AI Chief Is 'Definitely Not Worried About the AI Apocalypse
- Elon Musk is wrong. The AI singularity won't kill us all
- Robots - Flight of the Conchords
- "SEAGULLS! (Stop It Now)" -- A Bad Lip Reading of The Empire Strikes Back - YouTube
- David Stranack's post on the Smashing Security Facebook group
- TimeScapes by Nigel Stanford
- CYMATICS: Science Vs. Music - Nigel Stanford
- AUTOMATICA - Nigel Stanford
- Automatica Robot tests
- Comrade Detective - Wikipedia
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)