The chips are down, as tech companies struggle to protect against the Meltdown and Spectre flaws. The White House is getting tough on leakers by banning personal devices from the West Wing. And someone has been embedding a Bitcoin wallet into their hand...
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist and broadcaster David McClelland.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.Support Smashing Security
- Apple fixes the Meltdown and Spectre flaws in Macs, iPhones, and iPads
- Spectre? Meltdown? F*CKWIT? Calm down and make yourself some tea
- Until your anti-virus adds this Registry key, you aren't getting any more Windows security updates
- Important information about Microsoft Meltdown CPU security fixes, antivirus vendors and you
- Ouch! Microsoft's Meltdown and Spectre security update bricks some AMD-powered PCs
- Ripple soars, becomes second-biggest cryptocurrency by market cap
- Would you store Ripple and Bitcoin in 'mark of the beast' microchip?
- Biohacker Summit 2017 – Uniting Technology & Nature
- Meet the first humans to sense where north is
- White House bans use of personal devices from West Wing
- “Fire and Fury” Is a Book All Too Worthy of the President
- Portal Knights - The award-winning sandbox action-RPG adventure game
- Portal Knights trailer for Nintendo Switch - YouTube
- Focus - Productivity Timer on the App Store
- Casefile: True Crime Podcast
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)