How come Apple's Mac App Store authorised a buggy app that mined for cryptocurrency in the background? How can a Mosquito attack steal data from an air-gapped computer? And is China keeping score on its social media-loving citizens?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest John Hawes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/lastpass to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses
- There’s a currency miner in the Mac App Store, and Apple seems OK with it
- A Surreptitious Cryptocurrency Miner in the Mac App Store?
- MOSQUITO Attack Allows Air-Gapped Computers to Covertly Exchange Data
- MOSQUITO earbuds: Jumping air-gaps via speaker-to-speaker communication - YouTube
- Would you choose a partner based on their 'citizen score'?
- China eyes 'black tech' to boost security as parliament meets
- Big data meets Big Brother as China moves to rate its citizens
- How WeChat came to rule China
- The Rubik's Contraption
- 0.38 Second Rubik's Cube Solve - YouTube
- Statista - The Statistics Portal for Market Data, Market Research and Market Studies
- Bob Ross - Wikipedia
- Is there a way to stop certain video suggestions on Youtube? I watched like 3 flat earth videos so I could have a good laugh, and now 90% of the recommended videos are from flattards
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)