Endangering your friends online, the fibs told by VPN vendors, developments from the world of cryptomining, and Carole shares an animated GIF with Mikko and Graham.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mikko Hyppönen from F-Secure.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.Support Smashing Security
- Mikko's adventure game "Paha Juttu" at the Finnish Game Museum
- Download the Paha Juttu Commodore 64 floppy image file (d64)
- Commodore 64 online emulator (load a d64 file into this)
- Mat Johnson's tweet about Facebook logging his phone calls and texts
- Fact Check: Your Call and SMS History
- Who and What Is Coinhive?
- 100+ VPNs & Their Logging Policy (What Logs Are Kept by Who?)
- Which VPN Services Keep You Anonymous in 2018?
- ‘Lone DNC Hacker’ Guccifer 2.0 Slipped Up and Revealed He Was a Russian Intelligence Officer
- HideMyAss defends role in LulzSec hack arrest
- TLDRLegal - Software Licenses Explained in Plain English
- Some Very Entertaining Plastic, Emulated at the Archive
- Handheld History
- This is what the Internet Archive's building looks like
- CERT-EU News Monitor
- You've never seen anyone climb a wall like this before...
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)