Grindr, MyFitnessPal, and Panera Bread. They've all had data breach scares of varying degrees this week. Some handled the security breaches well, some didn't. We took a look at how well different firms are respecting your data privacy.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Grindr Is Letting Other Companies See User HIV Status And Location Data
- Grindr Will Now Remind You To Get Tested For HIV
- Grindr to stop sharing HIV status with third parties
- Hackers steal data of 150 million MyFitnessPal app users
- MyFitnessPal Security Issue FAQ
- Smashing Security: Passwords - a Smashing Security splinter
- Panerabread.com Leaks Millions of Customer Records
- No, Panera Bread Doesn’t Take Security Seriously
- Don't blame Panera Bread's security guy just because he used to work at Equifax
- Viking seafarers may have navigated with legendary crystals
- BBC Fooled By Brexit Emoji April Fools Prank On Air
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)