Grindr, MyFitnessPal, and Panera Bread. They've all had data breach scares of varying degrees this week. Some handled the security breaches well, some didn't. We took a look at how well different firms are respecting your data privacy.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management. Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING.
- Grindr Is Letting Other Companies See User HIV Status And Location Data
- Grindr Will Now Remind You To Get Tested For HIV
- Grindr to stop sharing HIV status with third parties
- Hackers steal data of 150 million MyFitnessPal app users
- MyFitnessPal Security Issue FAQ
- Smashing Security: Passwords - a Smashing Security splinter
- Panerabread.com Leaks Millions of Customer Records
- No, Panera Bread Doesn’t Take Security Seriously
- Don't blame Panera Bread's security guy just because he used to work at Equifax
- Viking seafarers may have navigated with legendary crystals
- BBC Fooled By Brexit Emoji April Fools Prank On Air
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)