The mastermind behind the Owari botnet doesn't seem to have learnt anything from his victims, and someone at Wessex Water forgets to remove an embarrassing sentence from a letter sent to customers...
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who recorded a shorter podcast than normal this week as they were far too busy recovering from receiving the best security podcast award!
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the award-winning episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- We did it! Smashing Security’s Carole celebrates with the best security podcast award!…
- Full results from the Infosec18 European Blogger Awards
- Hacker Fail: IoT botnet command and control server accessible via default credentials
- Pwn goal: Hackers used the username root, password root for botnet control database login
- Tweet by Vesselin Bontchev
- Mailshot meltdown as Wessex Water gets sweary about a poor chap called Tom
- Apology from Wessex Water on Twitter
- Excel pivot table data leak leads to £120,000 fine for London council
- Smashing Security review criticises Graham's enunciation
- Standard Notes
- Evil Genius trailer - YouTube
- Case 81: Brian Wells - Casefile
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)