Tesla takes customer service a step too far, is it a romantic gesture or stalking when you email 246 women called Nicole, and Carole finds herself in a Facebook dilemma.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Jessica Barker.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Jessica Barker.
- Smashing Security: We’re sponsoring ourselves this week! Get in touch at [email protected] if you’re interested in partnering with us for a future episode of the show.
- How I Went From Tesla Delivery Hell To Tesla Giving Me Control Of Their Site Forums With Over 1.5 Million Tesla Account Contacts — DansDeals.com.
- Customer Complains About Tesla Forums, Tesla Accidentally Gives Him Control Over Them — Motherboard.
- A Guy Emailed 246 Nicoles Trying To Find The One He Met At A Bar And Now They’re All Friends — Buzzfeed News.
- Facebook exodus: 44 percent of American users ages 18-29 have deleted app — CNBC.
- How Facebook employees reacted to NYT report on leadership, scandals — Business Insider.
- Delay, Deny and Deflect: How Facebook’s Leaders Fought Through Crisis — New York Times.
- Facebook’s top execs ‘make tobacco executives look like Mister Rogers’ — Recode.
- Facebook Morale, Hurt by Share Drop, Suffers Another Hit — Bloomberg.
- “I Hope It Cracks Who She Is Wide Open”: Inside Silicon Valley, Many Have Long Known Sheryl Sandberg Isn’t a Saint — Vanity Fair.
- Now eight parliaments are demanding Zuckerberg answers for Facebook scandals — TechCrunch.
- The Beatles – Glass Onion (2018 Mix) — YouTube.
- The Beatles (White Album) 50th Anniversary Edition — The Beatles.
- American Animals.
- Krissy Brierre-Davis (@krissys_kitchen) — Twitter.
- iPhone hack: Thousands of people just discovered the ‘life-changing’ space bar trick — The Independent.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)