Erection your honour! Lawyers find themselves behind bars after they make porn movies in an attempt to scam internet users, boffins in Israel detail a way to steal data from an air-gapped computer, and Instagram coughs up $30,000 after a researcher finds a simple way to hack into anybody's account.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/137 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- CTRL-ALT-LED: Leaking Data from Air-Gapped Computers Via Keyboard LEDs — IEEE.
- Academics steal data from air-gapped systems via a keyboard's LEDs — ZDNet.
- How I Could Have Hacked Any Instagram Account — The Zero Hack.
- How any Instagram account could be hacked in less than 10 minutes — Hot for Security.
- Takeru Kobayashi - hotdog-eating world record holder — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security 092: Hacky sack hack hack.
- Porn pirating lawyer jailed for five years — BBC News.
- Stiff penalty: Prenda Law copyright troll gets 14 years of hard time for blue view 'n sue scam — The Register.
- Prenda Law boss John Steele to miss 2020 Olympics... unless they show it in prison — The Register.
- What football will look like in the future — (Maria says don't try to read it on your smartphone)
- The Life Of A Rock.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)