What is Kaspersky's ugly ring for? Is there something suspicious about how NordVPN lets you stream Disney+? And why did a hacker impersonate a music producer?
Plus we have a bonus feature interview with Rachael Stockton from Logmein, the folks behind LastPass, all about behavioral biometrics!
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/157 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Maria Varmazis and Rachael Stockton.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- “Eau de Eugene Kaspersky” — Smashing Security, episode 12.
- Kaspersky Labs – Packin’ The K — YouTube.
- Thousands of taxpayers tell HMRC to delete voiceprint data it stored without consent — Graham Cluley.
- Hackers Have Stolen Almost Six Million US Government Fingerprints — Tripwire.
- Fingerprints are not the same as passwords — Graham Cluley.
- Face/Off trailer — YouTube.
- Picture of the (rather ugly) Kaspersky ring — Twitter.
- Kasperky’s synthetic fingerprint ring — YouTube.
- This Ring Uses a Fake Fingerprint to Protect Your Biometric Data — PC Magazine.
- How is NordVPN unblocking Disney+? It might be through YOUR own computer. Even if you’ve never used Disney+ or NordVPN. — Derek Johnson.
- The Rise of “Bulletproof” Residential Networks — Krebs on Security.
- SmartPlay by NordVPN: What is it and how does it work? — NordVPN.
- Resident Evil: Understanding Residential IP Proxy as a Dark Service — XiangHang Mi.
- Alleged Music Hacker Indicted for Impersonating a Producer to Steal Unreleased Music — Hollywood Reporter.
- Hacker stole unreleased music and then tried to frame someone else — ZDNet.
- Manhattan U.S. Attorney Announces Charges Against Austin Man For Computer Hacking And Fraud Scheme To Steal Unreleased Music From Music Industry Professionals — Department of Justice.
- Why the f**k was I breached?
- President Nixon Never Actually Gave This Apollo 11 Disaster Speech. MIT Brought It To Life To Illustrate Power Of Deepfakes — WBUR News.
- Which Classic Toy Came First? — Mental Floss.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)