A security threat researcher is badly hacked in a revenge attack. Some people want to save Adobe Flash, but is that wise? And a poorly-secured electronic billboard starts displaying offensive images...
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.Support Smashing Security
- Hackers Leak Data From Mandiant Security Researcher in Operation #LeakTheAnalyst — Bleeping Computer.
- Hackers kick off #leaktheanalyst campaign by dumping data of $1bn security firm — The Next Web
- LinkedIn profile of a Mandiant employee — Warning - contains image of hairy bottom. This is really here just for Maria.
- How to choose a strong password - simple tips for better security — YouTube video from 2009, featuring Graham (and filmed by Carole). So, who remembered correctly what we actually said in the video?
- Smashing Security podcast: Protecting webmail — A Smashing Security splinter.
- Flash & The Future of Interactive Content — Adobe.
- Petition to open source Flash and Shockwave — Github.
- Adobe Flash Fans Want a Chance to Fix Its One Million Bugs Under an Open Source License — Gizmodo.
- Hackers hijack central Cardiff billboard to display swastikas and more... — Graham Cluley.
- Hackers plant obscene image on electronic billboard in Atlanta — Graham Cluley.
- Motorists warned of Dalek invasion by hacked road sign — Naked Security.
- How to Lock Down TeamViewer for More Secure Remote Access — How-To Geek.
- Long Distance — Reply All podcast by Gimlet Media.
- Tickled movie — Wikipedia.
- Tickled documentary to air on HBO with bonus follow-up special — The A.V. Club.
- Clock face with actual human face uses eyes to tell time — Mashable.
- Picture of Carole's clock (which Graham hates) — Twitter.