Scammers show a lack of imagination after hacking a funeral home, more websites are secretly stealing visitors' resources to mine for cryptocurrency, and everyone is very confused about the USA's airline laptop ban.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Register's John Leyden.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.Support Smashing Security
- Local funeral home gets hacked in the middle of the night leaving employees without access
- Local business' Yahoo! account hacked
- Smashing Security: 014: Protecting webmail
- Stealth web crypto-cash miner Coin Hive back to the drawing board as blockers move in - The Register
- Cryptocurrency mining affects over 500 million people. And they have no idea it is happening.
- Laptops and tablets have been banned from being used on 56 routes to the US
- Laptop ban: How it works, what devices are forbidden on flights
- Questions and answers on proposed ban on laptops in luggage - The Washington Post
- Inspire Candle - Twelve South
- BBC Two - The Detectives: Murder on the Streets
- This Chrome extension blocks audio and video autoplay on any website
- Autoplay blocking is coming to Chrome
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)